Signs of the right moment for various tastes and consistencies in your baby's menu
Around the age of 8 months:
• Sits without support and begins to stand supported;
• Responds when called by name;
• Communicates through sounds;
• Look for the hidden toy and make "pa" with the handle;
• Chew the food throughout the mouth and push it sideways between the jaws;
• The first teeth have already appeared;
• Grab the food with two fingers and bring it to your mouth;
• Can drink from canita with the help of an adult;
• Crying differently when hungry or in the village;
• He goes "off the bus" and can stand upright.
New textures and ingredients combined
It is the moment of increasingly complex recipes, elaborated, with several ingredients, which accustom the baby with various tastes: cereals, vegetables, meat, fruits, egg yolk, dairy products. Puree can contain pieces, to educate the baby to chew.
As the child begins to eat more solid foods, he may like some foods more and refuse others. Also, your appetite will vary. As long as over a week a variety of foods is fed, it should receive all the nutrients it provides.
Vegetables and fruits are an important part of a healthy diet.
Adding snacks to the menu
Snacks are a great way to teach your child what a healthy diet is. They will soon become an important part of his diet, and now account for 25% of daily calories. Due to the small belly and the changing appetite, the Institute for the Protection of the Mother and Child claims that the majority of young children develop better when they are fed 4-6 times a day,
with Nestle - Together for a healthier generation
The statistical data present in these materials come from the Study on the nutritional habits of infants and young children, carried out by GfK Romania between March and April 2010, on a national representative sample for mothers with children up to 3 years old who are no longer exclusively breastfed. .