One of the reasons for children is often impatient when it comes to the kindergarten or school holidays is their transformation into the most popular and popular characters.
The little ones love to disguise themselves and take on certain roles, and wearing the specific costumes makes them feel proud and confident in their own strengths.
Boys take this opportunity to transform themselves into their favorite superheroes, to design qualities such as courage, intelligence, intuition, loyalty or empathy.
Whether they choose a saving hero or are assigned a Machiavellian role, they enjoy the popularity of the characters they represent and the sympathy of educators or teachers and parents when they play their role.
The need to be the center of attention and to assert themselves through their talents and qualities is very important at this age, and the holidays represent the perfect opportunity for their validation.
The costumes distributed in the specialty shops can be quite expensive, and many parents either do not allow or justify such an investment that the children will only make once.
Therefore, many use their own imagination to create the appropriate costumes that will precisely reproduce the features of the favorite characters, which children will wear with love and pride and at the same time not to invest huge amounts.
Here are some ideas that will help you prepare your little boy's holiday costume alone, without having to pay a fortune for it!
Fear of "Turning Back"
The film "Turned Back" by Pixar was a real success, being awarded at the Oscar gala and gaining sympathy among all the children. One of the key characters in this film is Fear, the correspondent of the emotion whose name he carries. Fear is always a concern, and sometimes it helps children to avoid danger.
To create this character's costume, you will need:
- a white-blue striped shirt
- a vest with a black and white print
- a red butterfly
- a pair of navy pants
- the cordeluta
- a piece of wire with protection, specially designed for DIY projects
- special paint for lilac skin and a brush
- a dye spray for lilac or gray hair
- crepe paper of lilac color
- paper adhesive
Here's how you'll turn it your boy in Fear:
1. Use paint to make paint to color the face in the shade of lilac chosen, as evenly, with the help of special brush.
2. Color your hair with hair spray and, if longer, comb it to the back.
3. Tie the cordeluta wire, fastening it tightly. Twist one end so that it looks like a question mark.
4. Wrap the cord and the wire attached to it in crimped lilac paper, fixing it with the paper adhesive.
5. Help your child dress up, put the cord on his head and you will be ready for the big event!
Anger from "Turning Back"
Another male character in the animation of the year is Fury, the emotion that makes us manifest aggressively when we are upset. Although the emotion is negative, the children love this character.
Here is what you will need to reproduce the costume:
- a pair of gray or brown pants
- a white shirt
- a black belt and black shoes
- a red tie
- red paint for painting and a brush
- dye spray for red hair
- a pair of red gloves
To turn your boy into Anger, you will have to proceed as follows:
1. Use paint to make paint and brush so that it colors homogeneously the whole face in shades of red.
2. Color your hair with the special spray.
3. Give her clothes to wear and do not forget about accessories: red gloves, belt and black shoes are required. Your child will look exactly like the one in his favorite animation!
Woody from "Toy Story"
Already reached the fourth sequel, this film is one of the Pixar classics that have conquered both children and adults. One of the key characters in the film is Woody toy, a friendly and courageous cow who does everything possible to stay present in Andy's room and life.
To turn your son into a true Woody, you will need the following clothes and materials:
- the pair of blue jeans
- a pair of boots
- a yellow shirt
- the red scarf
- the white dress
- a few pieces of black felt
- black and brown needle and needle
- a belt
- a piece of yellow felt
- two safety pins
- a cowboy hat
- a piece of brown canvas
- a scissor
Here's what you have to do:
1. To decorate Woody's vest, cut the black felt into irregular pieces of similar size and sew them from place to place on the white vest, using the black thread to conceal the seams.
2. Use the yellow felt to cut a star and an oval. You will catch the star with a safety pin on Woody's vest, turning it into a shiny badge. The oval piece of material will become the buckle of the belt, which you will attach to it with the help of the other safety pin.
3. Use the brown material to create your little boy a gun port. Grab it by the strap, using the brown tie.
4. Help him to wear his outfit, paying special attention to details: the scarf should be hidden a little under the shirt at the bottom of the neck, and the jeans should be fitted inside the boots. Put his hat on his head and you will find it difficult to distinguish him from his favorite character!
The Incredible Lord from the "Incredibles"
Superheroes from "The Incredibles" have a special story: they have to give up their mission to save the world and adapt to a normal life in the suburbs, but one last mission helps them to return to the center of attention and prove once again. that I am on the side of good. Led by the Incredible Lord, the main hero, they go through a series of exciting adventures.
The Incredible Lord's Costume is ... incredibly simple to make with the help of these items of clothing and materials:
- a pair of red tights
- a red helix
- a pair of black socks
- a pair of black gloves
- a pair of black boxers
- an orange ribbon with a width of 4-6 cm
- black, yellow, orange and white iced paper
- paper adhesive
- a piece of double adhesive tape
- a scissor
- a piece of elastic black material
- a thin black cord
Here is how you will proceed to turn your child into one Super hero:
1. Cut out the iced paper so you can rebuild the logo of the Incredibles: an orange oval, a black one you will lengthen, a rectangle and a yellow bullet, a white bullet smaller than the yellow one.
2. Assemble the logo with the paper adhesive and attach it to the red shirt with double adhesive tape.
3. Cut the black material in the form of a mask, drill its side edges, symmetrically and insert the string so that it can be fixed with the help of the mask.
4. Wrap your baby in tights and a turtleneck, put on the boxers above and catch the orange ribbon at the waist.
5. Put your socks on top of your tights so that they look like a pair of boots. Attach the mask and you will have your own Incredible Lord!
Russell from "Above All"
"Above All" is one of Pixar's most beloved animations, and his engaging story about love and friendship has conquered children around the world. One of the key characters in this animated story is Russell, the curious and brave boy who discovers a lot of things with the help of his new pensioner friend, Carl.
To turn your child into a cute character, you will need the following items of clothing and materials that you probably already have in your wardrobe or you can purchase on a low budget:
- a pair of beige or brown shorts
- a pair of white socks
- a pair of black or brown shoes
- a yellow shirt
- the yellow jacket
- an orange scarf
- a backpack
- a long piece of brown material
- colored iced paper
- a chop for frying
- double adhesive tape
- paper adhesive
Here's how you will suit your little explorer:
1. Cut out colored glossy paper balls of equal size.
2. Cut the piece of brown material so that it looks like a ribbon. You will tie it over his shoulder to the waist, so you have to make sure that the length is wide enough.
3. Glue the colored bullets onto the brown ribbon with small pieces of double-sided tape. Then decorate them with smaller pieces of paper cut into different shapes, using the paper adhesive so that they look like badges.
4. Cut an orange triangle out of paper and decorate it so that it resembles Russell's flag for scouting and attach it to the frying pan with the adhesive.
5. After you have dressed your child, accessorize it with the scarf, hat and backpack and catch the flag of the backpack. If you have time left, you can inflate some balloons to make the character more truthful.
How did you dress your superhero at the party? Which character do you prefer? We look forward to your comments in the comments section below!
Photo credit: Pinterest.com
Tags Celebrate children